Friday 1 February 2013

America, you are beautiful.

This morning marked the first day of my long awaited trip to America, and it did not disappoint.


After 14 hours of 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' and very little sleep we finally arrived in LAX! Never have I been more excited to untangle the mess of limbs I had folded myself into to fit into my very small seat.

After a quick flight to San Francisco, we checked into the most beautiful hotel and got settled. Then it was business time as we managed to fit in a good 5 hours of shopping before the jet lag hit us. When most people talk about jet lag, and beating it, they'll recommend sleeping on the plane and trying to adjust to the new sleep schedule, not staying awake for 30 hours until you pass out. But hey, whatever works!

I also had my first meal here, which was a side of fries (expecting it to be a small plate, like you might find in Australia) but not, it was the size of a dinner plate, and full to the brim!

Anyway, so far America has been amazing, the people are lovely and it's been great to see my family over here.

Can't wait for more adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment